Financial Aid

The Office of Financial Aid is available to assist eligible students in completing the application process for federal and state financial aid and veterans’ benefits. Students eligible to apply for federal financial aid must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens, have completed high school or a high school equivalency program, and must be planning to enroll in a degree or certificate program consisting of a minimum of 16 credit hours. Students who are not citizens should file an alternative application for student aid.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at If you are ineligible for the FAFSA, you may complete the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid at to be considered for the State of Illinois Monetary Award Program (MAP) Grant. Have your final, official high school or high school equivalency transcript sent to the Records Office at Triton College. Once these items have been reviewed, additional documentation may be requested.

Students are encouraged to complete the FAFSA, or Alternative Application, beginning Oct. 1 of the fall prior to their expected first enrollment. While the Financial Aid Office will process applications throughout the year, students should apply as soon as possible after Oct. 1 due to the limited funding of certain grant programs.

Student financial aid programs involving grants, loans, scholarships, and employment will be available so that no qualified student will be denied an opportunity to receive a college education due to a lack of funds. Guidelines are developed and published by the Financial Aid Office.

No person will, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, or any other basis which is protected by law, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under the college’s financial aid programs. The Financial Aid Office is located in Room B-160 of the Student Center, or call (708) 456-0300, Ext. 3155.

Financial aid is not available to cover Adult Continuing Education classes, High School Equivalency (GED®, HiSET, TASC), English as a Second Language (ESL), or short-term training certificates requiring fewer than 16 credit hours to complete.